6.17.2013

Divine Cushions

Not only is having a negative attitude inefficient and a waste of time, but it also does no good for anyone at all. The problem is that if we look to our surroundings (media outlets, other people, etc.) in hopes of acquiring a positive mindset, we will not attain optimism. Our world and our individual environments are always going to be chaotic,  and therefore we must look to another outlet to instill in us a spirit of hope and joy. Personally, my joy is a direct offspring of the faith and hope I have in Christ Jesus. For others, they look to their job for their sense of well-being and joy. When bad things happen to me, God is not only my King and Lord, but He is also my cushion and He catches me from plummeting into despair and misery. I have learned during my short time on this earth that to root ones hope in earthly things is folly and will lead to destruction. Therefore, we must put our faith in the unseen, in something holy (set apart) from the physical planet upon which we stand.


"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is seen is eternal." - 2 Corinthians 4:18

No comments:

Post a Comment