2.17.2012

"The Shadow Proves the Sunshine" -Switchfoot



I took this image at the end of a really long week. I had several tests, and in my Humanities class we're reading The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald, at a really fast pace.

On another note, if you know anything about this book, you know that the characters are all cheating on their spouses, and backstabbing their friends. To me, this image represents the duel nature of humans. The dark side is portrayed through the shadows, while the light side (or good side) is represented by the objects creating the shadows. Often times people only reveal the good part of them, and tend to cover up their evil side. I believe everyone has part of them that wants to do good, and part of them that wants to rebel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment